The majority of the master plan work has occurred between 2017 and 2019. The following summarizes upcoming milestones and what has been completed to date.
NEXT STEPS (Dates Subject to Change):
- Monday, January 17, 2022 – Final draft plan posted for public review
- Thursday, January 27, 6:00 PM – virtual Town Hall meeting via Zoom – presentation on major plan elements and changes since the May 2021 draft
SUMMARY OF PREVIOUS WORK COMPLETED:
- 2017 – Inventory, mapping and analysis of existing trails and park system.
- 2017 – Public outreach (including focus group meetings, MAC meetings and countywide public online survey).
- 2018 – Development of the master plan framework and draft master plan.
- 2018 – Presentations to Board of Supervisors.
- 2018 – Master Plan and Strategic Plan goals and trails maps presented to MAC meetings.
- 2018 – Stakeholder meetings to review trails mapping.
- 2018 – Strategic Plan work sessions with County staff and one-on-one meetings with Board of Supervisors.
- Early March 2019 – Public release of the draft master plan.
- March 2019 – Draft master plan is presented to MACs.
- March-April 2019 – Draft master plan is open for public comment.
- May 2019 – March 2021 – Project on hold pending final plan for the Hidden Falls Regional Parks Trails Expansion Project.
- April 2021 – Update of draft plan with final Hidden Falls Regional Park Trails Expansion Project and public release of the updated draft master plan
- May 2021 – Town Hall Webinar presentation of updated draft master plan
- May 2021 – January 2022 – Receipt of public comment, coordination with Partner Agencies, and update of Capital Projects list and draft plan for re-release