The majority of the master plan work has occurred between 2017 and 2019. The following summarizes upcoming milestones and what has been completed to date:
- April 2021 – Update draft plan with final Hidden Falls Regional Park Trails Expansion Project and public release of the updated draft master plan.
- May 2021 – Town Hall Webinar presentation of updated draft master plan.
- May 2021 – 30 day public comment.
- July/August – Parks Commission & Board of Supervisors Presentations & public comment.
- August/September 2021- Release of Final Plan.
SUMMARY OF PREVIOUS WORK COMPLETED:
- 2017 – Inventory, mapping and analysis of existing trails and park system.
- 2017 – Public outreach (including focus group meetings, MAC meetings and countywide public online survey).
- 2018 – Development of the master plan framework and draft master plan.
- 2018 – Presentations to Board of Supervisors.
- 2018 – Master Plan and Strategic Plan goals and trails maps presented to MAC meetings.
- 2018 – Stakeholder meetings to review trails mapping.
- 2018 – Strategic Plan work sessions with County staff and one-on-one meetings with Board of Supervisors.
- Early March 2019 – Public release of the draft master plan.
- March 2019 – Draft master plan is presented to MACs.
- March-April 2019 – Draft master plan is open for public comment.
- May 2019 – March 2021 – Project on hold pending final plan for the Hidden Falls Regional Parks Trails Expansion Project.