Below are links to view the public draft of the Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan. We encourage all who review the draft to submit comments on our Get Involved page located here. The comment period for this draft will be open through June 13th (corrected from previous date of June 6th).
Note PDF file sizes are large and may take a few minutes to view or download depending on browser speeds.
May 2021 – Revised Trails Map for Lake Tahoe Area to Reflect Corridor Level Planning for Portions of the Resort Triangle Trail System
April 2021 – Public Draft of the Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan:
- PLACER_Parks Master Plan-Vol 1_210429-web – Volume 1 includes the Executive Summary and park related inventory, analysis and recommendations.
- PLACER_Parks Master Plan-Vol 2_210429-web – Volume 2 includes trail related inventory, analysis and recommendations.
- PLACER_Parks Master Plan-Appendix A_210429-web – Enlarged, 11×17 maps included in Volume 1
- PLACER_Parks Master Plan-Appendix B_210429-web – Enlarged, 11×17 maps included in Volume 2
- PLACER_Parks Master Plan-Appendix C_210429 – Trail design standards based off of USFS standards
- PLACER_Parks Master Plan-Appendix D_210429-web – Trail Atlas includes detailed trail maps of the County, organized by community and specific plans.
- PLACER_Parks Master Plan-Appendix E_210429 – Includes a summary of the public engagement process and feedback received.
Previously Completed Documents and Presentations:
- May 16, 2019 Parks Commission Presentation
- 2019 Draft Plan
- Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan | Volume 1
- Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan | Volume 2
- Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan | Appendix A
- Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan | Appendix B
- Placer County P arks and Trails Master Plan | Appendix C
- Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan | Appendix D
- Trails and Parks Maps Feb 2018 – An initial draft of community maps featuring parks and trails in Placer County. These maps are continuing to be refined as feedback from local trail groups is gathered.
- BOS Update Feb 2018 – A State of the System presentation to the Board of Supervisors.
- Public Survey Results – A summary of results from an online survey that was available from April 14th through May 19th, 2017 as an initial outreach effort to solicit public opinion on existing county parks and trails.